Monday, January 10, 2011

Alive and Well

I don’t care if anyone reads this. What I care about is making sure I write. To hold myself accountable to the simple resolution to be present and aware in my life. To see God in the ordinary. To wake into the sacred day and merge with its sacred pulse. Somehow setting this blog up some time ago set me off balance by the sheer expectation of it. What if I don’t have anything to write? What if the well runs dry and I’m left with a dusty cup and nothing to offer? Well clang, clang… welcome to the inner ramblings of the self-fulfilling prophetess. I’m done rambling and am just going to write, which at times may be nothing more than rambling, but it’s better than nothing. It is something - to show up for my day and acknowledge that the Sacred is there whether I see it or not. So read if you want or not. I’ll be writing regardless, clanging my pen against the cup that overflows and groping for that pulse when it is faint; declaring the Sacred alive and well each time.

3 comments:

Larry said...

And now that i know this is here, I will happily read - whatever you write. Blessings.

Jordan Humphrey said...

I think that you have a clairvoyance that the world needs to constantly be reminded of. And that you are able to beautifully express it with both your words and your music. I hope you continue to share.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope you will both stick around and tell me your thoughts and how you might relate to my posts.

Recent Comments